Monday, October 18, 2021

The Sound of The Deep

1. Once I was asleep,

Now I am awake.

2. Once I was lost in the deep,

Now I see the light out of the tunnel.

3. Once I was taken to many places,

Now I am content where I am.

4. Once I let my memories overtake me,

Now I see through the maze.

5. Once I was a street fighter,

Now I've made peace with myself.

6. Once I was a traveler,

Now I am a pilgrim of the soul.

7. Once I saw a mountain in the distance,

And felt a soft tremor when I closed my eyes.

8. Each morning, I wake up to the sound of joy,

The love You have showered me in my sleep.

9. Each day is a new dawn,

Soon to give way to the night.

10. But You, O My Lord, are supreme,

Even in the sorrows of our daily toils.

11. I thank You for Your grace,

Your guiding hand in my very life and work.

12. I thank you for the American, the European,

the Asian and last, but not least, 

I thank you for the African.

13. I thank you for all creatures, great and small.

14. You call me from the deep,

Your voice surpasses the ocean's roar.

And Your Words are true,

Yesterday, today and tomorrow,

Even these very mountains.

Will melt like snow

Before the eternal sunlight of Your gaze.




                                                                                      




2 comments:

  1. When God created the world, was he filled with joy as a musician who composed a masterpiece ?

    This poem resonates with the youtube hand pan music : "listen to the mountains" by Yatao Ayasa

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JT1KoI2eao&ab_channel=YataoMusic

    ReplyDelete

“The Younger Generation’s Altered View of the Concept of Führer”

Two days after Hitler was appointed as Chancellor of Germany, Dietrich Bonhoeffer gave a radio talk on February 1, 1933 at 5:30 pm.  Bonhoef...